Monday, September 22, 2008

And I keep this world from draggin me down

I am 31 weeks pregnant today, and I had another visit with Jessica, the "backup" midwife I have. My primary is still out of town until the end of the week. It was a good visit. My glucose test came back lower than normal range which is good. My blood pressure continues to be good. I have gained a total of 6 pounds total. Baby Chris is moving around like crazy, but s/he continues to be head down. S/he just flops back and forth.

For the most part, I am enjoying this pregnancy. I just wish I wasn't quite so busy. During the day, it isn't too bad. I get to just be a mom. A few days a week, I have to take Mara to school. The rest of the time, Martin takes her. Otherwise, I get to sleep. Marty is such an easy kid. It may sound bad, but he wakes up in the morning and gets the remote. He brings it to me to turn on the TV and turn it to PBS. He loves the cartoons on there every morning. He watches stuff that has been on for ages...Curious George, Clifford, Sesame Street, and Arthur. He even loves watching the cooking shows that come on after cartoons. He brings me the strawberry breakfast bars ("cookies") to open for him. He even brings me diapers and wipes to change him when he wants to have his diaper changed. It is almost like he knows that mommy won't get to sleep like this much longer. I do, however, much prefer the days that he just comes and curls up with me and goes back to sleep. I am just so exhausted. Today, I got up and made sure the house was clean before my appointment, and then went back to bed until almost time for Jessica to get here. After she left, I went back to bed until time for my nephew to be dropped off at 11:30. After my brother picked him up, I went back to bed until Martin called that he was coming home from work. I sure didn't mean to sleep that much today, but it felt great. I have been ready to go back to bed since I got up the last time, but I just haven't.

Mondays and Wednesdays are the only days right now that I feel that I have "off." Mara is cheerleading for the city, and despite being pregnant and exhausted, I am helping coach the team. The head coach, Bobbie, is someone I adore, and I would do about anything she asked me to, hence why I am helping. Martin and I had an argument the other day about his lack of respect and help. He actually said that he didn't see the value of sports. In case you are wondering, he is not just referring to cheerleading. He is also referring to any other sport. He does not understand the importance of activity, being part of a team, or learning a sport. He just sees it as a waste of time and money. Because of that, he just doesn't care to help around the house when I take Mara to practice. So, after the argument, he agreed to help cook at least on the nights I don't get home to around 8 p.m. That helps a little bit. He also didn't argue when I asked him to move the laundry tonight, and he actually did it. Mara is doing almost all the laundry, because I can't lean over the washing machine anymore. I doubt she really knows just how much I appreciate her helping the way she does. She is so excited about getting to be a big sister again and hopeful that this baby will be a girl.

Unless something comes up, I am going to a friend's on Wednesday. I am looking forward to that too. But, I hate leaving my house. So, I will get over it, and get out of the house by myself for a little bit and leave them all on their own. Scary.

I am still waiting to get the call from Human Resources to come sign the paperwork for the job I have been given. Until they call, I am still a stay-at-home mom, which I am enjoying so very much. I don't really want to go back to work. I had worked with these guys for almost 3 years, and I love every single one of them. I have been not working out of the home for almost 2 years now. They have begged me to come back on a part-time basis. When I was first asked almost a year ago, I would have jumped at the opportunity no matter what. Then, I had second thoughts. Then, I got pregnant finally after trying for over a year. Then, I didn't feel I could turn it down when it came around again and it was finally going to go through. It has taken so long for this to happen, and now that it is almost here, I really want to just stay home with my son and future baby. The only reason I am going to go ahead and take the job is that it is part time and they are supposed to get me a laptop computer to work from home. Hopefully, I will only have to go once a week or less. I will do what I have to, but I am not really as psyched about having a job again as I feel I should be...especially since the opportunity sort of just fell into my lap. I am, however, looking forward to interacting with the guys again.

Why has my cursor disappeared? It is quite aggravating not to have a cursor when I am trying to type. Okay, now I have it back. Talk about stream of thought writing. Of course, I am watching some horrible show on the television. Well, only watching it if you consider it watching television if you just have it on in the background.

On the great to-do list...nothing got done this past week. We did a lot of talking, but no actual working. So, this next weekend should be fun and full of stuff in addition to the normal football games for the cheerleaders.

Okay, that's enough. Now, I will try to get a few minutes to read before I pass out for the night. I am just leaving the kitchen for the night. I just don't have the energy to clean it tonight...not after the scrubbing I had to give it last night.

Night-night...

No comments: