Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part

Officially, I have now been in the waiting period for a week and a half. I am now 38 weeks 2 days. I am really excited, but I still don't "feel" all that pregnant. It could be that I have only gained a total of 3 pounds (from my lowest weight this year) or it could be that I have stayed pretty active or it could be that this is the third time through for me. I enjoy being pregnant.

My only complaint, and therefore my only reason for hoping the baby comes soon, is the carpal tunnel problems I am having with my hands. My right hand is mostly completely numb almost all the time. Two of my fingers are akin to sand paper right now and there is not much of anything that I can do to lessen that. Even lotion is not helping with the skin on my index finger and thumb. In reality, if that is my only problem, I don't have any.

I am also excited about the birth and finding out if it is a Christopher or a Christine. I really want a girl, but I have been "setting myself up" for a boy. I refer to it as a he, but everyone else is convinced it is a girl.

I really, really hope my mother-in-law makes it for the birth. Right now, the "guest list" is my mom and dad, my sister and her kids, my brother's family, my mother-in-law (and father-in-law if he can/wants) and my 2 kids. My JanJan might come, but I sort of doubt it. I have an earlier post about my Nana and how she passed away and how this will be my first birth without her. I would also like for my husband's grandmothers to be able to be here, but I doubt either of them really want to.

In case you are actually following this blog, my living room is complete. Most of my to-do list is done. The front porch still needs some work, and there is a large pile of crap in the backroom that needs to go to the shed, and I would like the yard to be mowed and weeds pulled and otherwise cleaned up (mostly for the last time for the year). There is also a large branch that needs to be cut up and moved. So hopefully, we will spend this weekend taking care of that.

The funny part about the yard cleanup is that when I was pregnant with Marty, it was March. The weekend he was born was when we mowed and cleaned up the yard for the first time of the year. Of course, I was 40 weeks exactly mowing the yard. My water broke that night and Marty was born 6-1/2 hours later.

I am working with my new job from home which is actually my old job I had before I decided to stay home with the kids. I am really enjoying it. My only problem has been finding time to sit down and work. I got in a bunch of hours yesterday with the kids occupied. I am going to try to get in a bunch more this afternoon.

Oh yeah, my midwife was so impressed with all my renovation work that she made a comment about trading co-pay for us putting in her new windows that she has to do soon. I think that would be an awesome idea.

So, everything is ready here for baby Chris. The only thing we really need to do is put the mattress cover on the bed and actually put sheets on the bed. For whatever reason, Martin mutilates the sheets every night, so I gave up keeping sheets on the bed, so we just sleep with the memory foam mattress topper and comforters (one for him and one for me). I have been trying to push off preparing the bed for Martin's comfort, but it is getting closer to the point where he will just have to deal without the memory foam for a little while. After all, it will only be until the baby is born, and then he can have it back.

I am sure I have more to say, but I can't think of it, and my hand is getting number and number as I type. So...here I am waiting for baby...not really worried about when s/he will come, but still waiting for him/her.

By the way, The Waiting is my favorite Tom Petty song ever.

No comments: